Who: AASHTO Subcommittee on Asset Management and TRB Asset Management Committee (AJE30).
What: Transportation Asset Management Summer 2020 Mega Meeting.
When: July 13-15, 2020. 11:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern each day.
Where: Register for each session on this page.
Why: With the COVID-19 pandemic, TRB’s 13th National TAM Conference has been postponed until August, 2021.
Use this form for PDH Hours
DescriptionThis session focused on the following:
- How are TAMP Financial Plans investments changing?
- What are the impacts to project portfolios/performance outcomes?
- Anticipating performance target setting changes?
- How has your agency leverage TAM to manage the decline?
- Do you see your TAMP changing?
- How is your agency managing the uncertainty of funding going forward
- 11:00 – 11:10am: Meeting Kick-off and Introductions (Tim Henkel, Matt Haubrich)
- 11:10 – 11:20am: Welcome Remarks (Greg Slater)
- 11:20 – 11:25am: Breakout Session Instructions (Mike Johnson)
- 11:30 – 1:00pm: Breakout Discussion Groups Download the Session 1 video
Download the Session 1 breakout slides
Download the Session 1 poll results
Download the complete Session 1 MegaMeeting Agenda PDF here
- 2:00 – 2:45pm Welcome and Introduction (Breakout Leads)
- 2:45 – 3:15pm Overview of Federal Legislation Related to TAM (Matt Hardy)
- 3:15 – 4:00pm Discussion (everyone)
Download the Session 2 slides
Download the complete Session 2 agenda
- 11:00 – 11:05am: Chairs Welcome (Henkel/Haubrich)
- 11:05 – 11:20am: Update on Asset Management Strategic Plan Project (Hyun-A Park)
- 11:20 – 11:35am: Agency Updates
- FHWA (Gaj)
- FTA (Giorgis)
- AASHTO (Hardy)
- TRB (Randall/Bitner/Zimmerman)
- PIARC (Flintsch)
- 11:35 – 11:40am: Update on 2021 AM National Conference planning process (B. Allen)
- 11:40am – 12:10pm: AASHTO Asset Management Subcommittee Business
- INVEST act discussion (Hardy)
- Update on annual TAM Issue Tracking survey (Haubrich)
- Member participation and recruitment discussion (Haubrich/McDonnell)
- Updates from liaisons to other AASTHO committees
- 12:10 – 12:25pm: TRB Committee Proposal: AKT80 Strategic Highway Infrastructure Management (Rob Zilay)
- 12:25 – 12:55pm: TRB AJE30 Business
- Committee Membership (Henkel)
- TSP update
- Subcommittee and Coordinator Updates
- 12:55 – 1:00pm: Upcoming Events (Conferences/Peer Exchanges/Webinars, etc)
Download the Session 3 slides
Download the complete Session 3 agenda
- 2:00pm – 2:05pm: Welcome and Introductions (Aimee and Tammy)
- 2:05 – 2:25pm: Research Project Overview and Prioritization Process (Matt Hardy)
- 2:25 – 2:30pm: Go to Breakouts
- 2:30 – 3:30pm: Breakout Rooms
- 3:30 – 3:45pm: Break and Return to Main Room
- 3:45 – 4:30pm: Ranking Exercise
- 4:30 – 5:00pm: Introduction of New TAM Research Management
Download the session 4 video
Download the 10 candidate TAM research statements
Download the TAM research prioritization results
Download the complete Session 4 agenda
- Moderator: Neil Pedersen, TRB
- Greg Slater, MD
- Julie Lorenz, KS
- Carlos Braceras, UT
- Leslie Richards, SEPTA
- Paul Wiedefeld, WMATA
- Therese McMillan, Bay Area Metro